Using a Cafe to Build Social Connections
The Cafe is a place for people to come together and have the spontaneous conversations that keep a culture growing in the right direction. Just like in a physical office you can be working on your next deadline but this tells people you are open to chat if they see you. By sitting in the Cafe, you’re sending the social signal that you’re open for having conversations and looking to connect with co-workers.
- Head to the Cafe to sit and get work done
- Jump into the Cafe with lunch or coffee in hand
- Explore the Cafe to find others to strike up a conversation
- Meet people there to catch up in a less formal and more spontaneous environment
- When it’s time to jump into a meeting elsewhere or go heads down, just jump out of the Cafe or close the browser tab
Example note to send to your team about the Cafe:
We’ve set up a virtual Cafe to allow more of those water cooler / informal social interactions to happen more naturally. Jump into the Cafe any time you’re feeling open to social connections with the team — by sitting in the Cafe, you’re sending the social signal that you’re looking to connect with co-workers. It could be while you’re having lunch, taking a coffee break or even working on a project. You’ll see others who are interested in connecting too — jump in with them or hang out and see who walks by. When it’s time to jump into a meeting elsewhere or go heads down, just jump out of the Cafe or close the browser tab.
Jump in via a Chrome or Edge web browser using — YOUR VENUE LINK HERE